sidespace.com.au Careers · Engineering
Full Stack Engineer
Full Time · Melbourne VIC, Australia
sidespace.com.au is in an exciting period of growth and is looking for a full stack engineer to join our team.
We are seeking a motivated and product-focused software engineer to optimise and build out our backend and frontend infrastructure to support the many initiatives in our pipeline. Our aim is to reverse engineer the commercial property industry while delivering a world-class user experience and supporting the growth of our user base.
In this role, not only will you be able to have an impact on our tech stack but also work closely with business stakeholders, the Sales team and the Product/Design team to deliver innovative products and provide technology-driven solutions to bottlenecks in the business.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Full stack software development, including designing, developing, testing and deploying new features, with a focus on world-class user experience
- Maintain and optimise existing software products, including bug fixes and feature enhancements
- Contribute to sidespace.com.au’s overall technical solution design
- Develop solutions to automate operational processes
- Collaborate with the Product/Design team to realise our product pipeline
Required Experience & Skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of commercial experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Proficiency in PHP or other object-oriented languages
- Experience working with Laravel or other PHP frameworks
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with version control
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Experience in CI/CD/DevOps
- Solid knowledge of relational databases
- Appreciation for good design, UI and UX
- Ability to work with various backend and frontend frameworks
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with FTP and XML
- Experience in Salesforce development (Apex, Lightning Components, etc.)
- Strong motivation to drive impact
- Desire to continually learn and improve
- Proactiveness and good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
Why Work For Us?
We value people and results, which is why we support each other and have work-life balance. This is your opportunity to build a long-term career with growth opportunities within an innovative, forward-thinking culture.
Join Australia’s fastest growing commercial property marketplace and help shape the future of the commercial property industry.